Friday, January 31, 2014

Counting stars

I've had a few weird dreams these past few days. One with my brother which felt real (I'll write in my next post). Another dream was downright creepy too. I dreamt I was injected forcefully by a lady. The next thing that happened as I woke up was that I was staring at my utterly unusual feet. I had 7 toes on my right foot and 6 toes on my left. I even remembered which toes were repeated. It wasn't at all ugly but just abnormally queer that I was almost in tears. When I actually woke up for real, I immediately stared at my feet and counted the number of toes I had altogether making sure I had 5 each. And because I was still pretty insecure, I recounted them again and again. Silly but true.  
 
Actually I'm writing this post with the diary feeling. Maybe, that's why its so hard to name posts for me because I usually 'dump' all my experiences and feelings together in one post until sometimes there's no main topic but instead, a bunch of topics. I love to write that way although its unsystematic and messy. Hehe.
 
People have been asking me what I'm doing at the moment and what I want to do next. I'm sure everyone has been here before at one point of their life. I wish I know the answer but in truth, I really don't know. As much as I pray and hope that I know, I still dun haf much an idea. Saying 'I don't know' when it comes to my future somehow sounds like I'm a lil' lacking, undecisive and uncertain too. Not that it should matter la. I have thought about my options but not thoroughly enough to feel like I'm confident of my stand or any stand. I know a little on some fields but feel like I don't know enough about it in particular oso, especially those art stream courses. Its like I have a range of options to choose from but feel like I've none at the same time. People say that its good to keep your options open ( I feel da same way) but when there's too many doors that you would like to consider, it becomes complex and confusing. When I try to close them down, I contemplate about it over and over again. Dilemma indeed. Sighs. That's why I've made a self-reminder to surf the net to find and dig info from time to time ( instead of just complaining here). I really hope that God and my 'shining stars' in heaven will guide me through this important phase of my life so that I'll make the right choices.
 
Set aside that issue, I had a good time during a last minute CNY shopping outing that day with the two doinks. :D I enjoyed myself a lot actually because it reminded me of our gradnite shopping. Something I dun often do with my friends.:)) I wished I could enjoy to the fullest but I felt sick, sleepy and also abit like a downer sometimes. I would have been more cheerful-er if I were healthy. Huhu. I wasn't sure why but I felt a lil' sad after everything. Maybe because we wouldn't get to do this for I dunno how long but all in all, it was a nice outing wif my awesome buddies. Thanks for a nice outing. =)
 
Today's Chor Yatt too so Happy CNY everybody! :) I'm enjoying myself so far. Hehheee. Yesterday, my family and I had a small reunion dinner before waiting till 11pm to pray at a temple. Quite fun ler! Hehee :D After praying, my bro and I get our free helping of tong sui. There were noodles too but we didn't eat ler. Whilst waiting for my mom, we were unexpectedly caught up in a festive unfold of events. It started off with a lion dance followed by a dragon dance that lasted for an hour plus. There's like a groundbreaking ceremony of firecrackers hung from the ceiling being lighted up also in between. Shortly after, there were temple helpers assuming as two gods dancing about. People started taking pics with them and chai sen ye appeared too. He carried baskets filled with sweets and everyone started crowding him and got into this frenzy mad rush to grab the sweets (in the hope of receiving goodwill and prosperity). Since my dad was joining in the crowd, I was one of them too!! Loll. We couldn't get any sweets at first (malangnya) but later on, we did ler. :) In the midst of the events, free angpaos were given out and another 'madness' happened. I didn't join in this time but just watched from a distance la. Seeing people's faces light up in delight throughout the event made me feel warm within too. I was smiling like an idiot sometimes and of course, caught other people doing that too. Lol :P It ended with a blast of fireworks display for quite sometime to mark the end of the event. It was indeed a speical day. Initially, I felt sleepy and lazy to go out. But after everything, I didn't regret going there since my family seldom get a chance to attend this kind of public events with a big turnout of people cos we always avoid traffic. So it was a memorable experience. :)
 
Bro bought me, my mom and dad CNY clothes too. So nicee of him.:) He bought me an unlikely clothing that I would ever buy, a cheongsam! Aiyok. I actually felt reluctant to wear it but aihs, I didn't want to make my bro feel like I dun appreciate it at all (because I actually like it very much. Its a nice design sumore) so in the end, I chose to wear it ler over my newly bought pants.:/ My relatives said the dress was nice so I told them my bro chose it for me wan and they told him he had good taste. Thankiu gor.:) Dad cooked kai choy too. My mom ask to cook 5kg of it. Crazy wann. Lol. But I'm sure we can finish it too. Hahhha. Helped to wash the veggie with my mom awhile before napping. Gonna eat now. Happy CNY again!!! :)

No comments: