Saturday, January 11, 2014

The King 2 Hearts

                If you're not a korean fan, betah dun proceed further with this post. Its another of my korean drama ramblings. huhu. So before u regret reading or faint, go press the X cursor on ur screen at the right-hand corner above. =]

                 I finished watching The King 2 Hearts (TK2H), another Kdrama. hehe.:)


                   A lil' 'dramafever' now!! haha. It took me about a week to finish the series but oohooo, the show's pretty awesomee.:) 4 stars!!:) There's military, action, romance, politics, royalty and abit of everything so not bad ler. Actually I came across one episode on tv when I was in KL and I saw Ha Ji Won acting in it that attracted me to watch it. I'm quite a fan of hers after watching Secret Garden. Hehe. I've never really watch shows starring Lee Seung Gi oso except a bit of My GF Is A Gumiho but he's the male lead in TK2H. After watching that episode and because of these two, I decided to give it a go.

                 I didn't know if I really like the show at first or not because the first few episodes seemed a bit comical to me. And let me introduce you to the self-centred and powerful villain, Club M's president, John Mayerrr. His name's english but the actor was a korean ler. I'm so tempted to press the skip video button everytime I watch his individual scenes because its somehow annoying. I don't know if its him or that song that plays in the background but its like everytime when he appears, I feel like..do, re, mi...*skip..skip..Skip!* but of course, I didn't la. Maybe once or twice only. Haha! His obsession for performing magic tricks is nehh..unimpressive too. Even then, the show definitely needed his character. Cos the plot revolves heavily around him so really, credits still goes to him. This is also the first korean show with really many angmohs acting in it, Mayer's sidekicks and many other 'kalaffe' roles. At times, it makes me feel disconnected with the show. I sound like I dislike the show alot ehh? :P 

                  But I actually likee the show!:) After the first few episodes, it became really interesting when the show became more 'serious' and LSG's character shined.:) I liked all the military scenes. Especially the intensed WOC competition episode. So niceee. Boom boom!:D Actually the plot's about unifying N. Korea and S. Korea through an adjoined North-South Korea military team representing Korea in a  tournament called WOC and through a North-south political marriage. LSG, an unworthy prince of S. Korea meets HJW, a tough N. Korea woman military officer but a hopeless romantic during the WOC training. Together, LSG as the new king of S. Korea (after a royal family assasination) and HJW tries to find evidence of the assasination and advocate peace for both nations. Club M, an influential international organisation, however does all it can to prevent the unification of both regions of Korea. That's basically the main storyline ler. Hehee.

                  LSG and HJW's love is abit unlike others too. They both loved each other but their loyalty rooted towards their own nation is also great. So they kinda faced off several times as a king and military officer but they still love each other. Makes sense? Sounds like no right. Nyek nyek. But Eun Shi Kyungggg!!! Whaaaa..the 2nd male lead. I like his character personally especially as the personal bodyguard of the princess of the royal family, the 2nd female lead. I really adore this unofficial 'couple' of the princess and him from the start. Eees!:D I dunno if the 2nd leads' love story are my fave or the first but their little moments in this show are beautiful.:))

                   ESK plays the role as this serious, humorless but honourable military officer and royal guard. The princess liked him but he never revealed any feelings for her of that sort of course. Professionalism ma. In the final episodes, she watched a videotape recording specially made for her by him (right before his latest mission and if ever he died). And so, yes, the scriptwriter killed off his character. After his death only, she knew how strong his feelings were for her. Sad case-nyer. Omies. T.T What really draws me to this type of characters is their strong sense of pride in their duty and honour that they're willing to put their life and everything at stake for that cause. As rigid as they may be, they too, are capable of loving. 

                 Okies. Memang dramatic I know. HAHA. Sometimes after completing a series, I feel like there won't be another drama that'll be able to surpass my expectations of the drama that I've just finished (especially the ones that I've gotten hooked to). Now, I feel that way again. It usually happens for that temporary 'drama-fan' moment. But then another drama comes out, I start off watching another and find out that it's equally good or even...better!:) Rarely do I come across a not that nice drama (although there are a few) and that's the ones that goes unfinished, by me. heheee. But in the end, I guess the reason why I watch Korean dramas a lot in particular is because of the feel-good feeling. Wheess! :) 
           
                 Sorrie if I bore anyone out with these posts but I just can't help it. Fan mode on. ehehee.:)

No comments: