Saturday, July 8, 2017

Hatyai, work & classes

Hatyai trip with my mom and relatives was all about food, shopping and temples. We went to a few night markets, checked out a shopping mall or two and visited the elephant ride park. There was this restaurant we dropped by for lunch which had a spectacular view of the city from the hilltop. Lovely place for food and ambiance. Food prices were reasonable too whereby we ordered several Thai dishes and in a round table environment.

When my uncle suggested if we would like to visit the elephant ride park, I was very keen to go there. Once we arrived at the park, there was the signboard displaying the prices of various rides and attractions. I was thinking 'How nice if I could try the elephant ride' but looking at the price and doing the mental calculation from thai baht to ringgit, sigh, about RM60 per ride. Ok la, I'll just watch out for the elephants instead. I approached the elephants enclosure lo. At the first sight of the few large elephants either standing in at a fix position or making their 'passenger' trips, I was pretty awed by the sight. Their sheer size alone and large pink ears. Its not that I haven't seen one before, it has just been a long time since I last went to the zoo. Lol. Anyways, mom helped to snap a few pictures for my cousin, me and herself and when we were done, I stood there for quite some time just simply observing the elephants, the saddle on their backs as well as the elephant riders. The longer I stood there, my awed feeling somehow subsided and I was thinking what if these elephants were carrying people against their own will. Having to support the weigh of the tourists that it carries for several trips a day, I suddenly felt no longer keen to ride an elephant now or in future. I guess as we grow up, our perspectives change.


We also stayed in the oldest hotel in Hatyai. Haha. The toilets were in poor conditions. More like, dilapidated so as for our stay, we always left the room lights on when we went to bed and also kept the toilet door half open even as we bathed. I felt a bit uneasy at times and my relatives all shared the same thoughts. Haha. But all in all, it also means we stayed at a historical place since it is the oldest hotel aight? Heritage site. Hahaha. Overall, it was a good short vacation. :) Tomyam in Hatyai was awesome too! :D

I've started working and classes as well. First week at work was a mixture of feelings. Thankful that the colleagues at work are friendly. They have been nice to me (I hope they'll always stay that way!) and I hope I'll get to know each and everyone better. I attended my first class for Acca P2 at Kasturi College yesterday as well. Signed up for it on Saturday itself and tried out the class. Not bad! It's only a stone's throw away from Petaling Street too so we had dinner there. :)

It's been so long since I last watched a compelling drama. I didn't do so during my break earlier so I wanna binge watch some nice shows and read on news during my free time.

Praying for the best and to anyone who reads this, have a good week! Hees :D

No comments: