Monday, December 25, 2017

Thank you December

Life has been kind to me.

I have had unexpected surprises that made my week.

Starting off from the weekly jobs at work that I was assigned to which were at two different shopping malls, I feel a slightly pleasant feeling waking up to the thought of working in a mall (excluding the more pricey afternoon meals). My engagement teams on rotation have been nice and helpful. I guess this was the main factor that made me motivated to work and I couldn't be more thankful for that. Just last week, I went for an outstation job at Seremban for a week. The hotel was so comfortable I wished we would stay longer. Each of us had a queen sized bed to ourselves. When I first found out about it, it totally made my day and it did for the rest of the week! :) Despite the OT on the job back at our hotels for the week, the room ambiance balanced it all out. Besides, we had free hotel breakfast daily with a variety of choices (buffet style) and lunch was provided at the client's workers canteen. I honestly think I couldn't be happier with the work environment and it was a very pleasant outstation job. It ended so fast, I wish I can go for more outstation jobs like these in future. :)

Peak is going to start in January. All the best.

We had our audit dept dinner on Friday. Danced to Kungfu Panda's theme song and we were the first group to perform. It was definitely awkward indeed as everyone was not hyped up at all yet at that time. Standing the front row as I danced or rather work out, I could see the blank faces of people and feel the awkwardness in the room. It made me felt really awkward and I didn't know where to look to.  Thankfully, as we were in the middle of the performance, people started clapping hands in the crowd to the beat to make us feel better. Just glad that it was over. Overall, the dinner was much more fun than the company annual dinner.  There was more of a sense of togetherness and closeness as a team based on the light conversations, group performances and casual atmosphere.

Yesterday was a rather spontaneous outing. Senior jio-ed me to accompany my close friend from my previous company for something. After it, we went to have Sakae Sushi and tried to get seats for Coco. Unfortunately, there weren't any seats left but the first two rows. Karoake rooms were charging skyhigh prices for 3-hours karoake sessions too. Hence, at last, we had 2nd round at Nana - makan green tea dessert. I think I am being attached to the people I like /care. Ohnoo

Today, went out with Vernie and Carmen. It was a good catch up. Can't wait to meet my parents this Wednesday and have a good week ahead before the stress starts looming around the corner.

P.S. My Acca exams were a disaster. The feeling didn't hit me til I went home that evening after sitting for the exam, drained and worn out. All a sudden, I felt this sense of disappointment in myself for the lack of discipline and focus that I had throughout for my exam preparations. I guess it would be a great lesson to hold on to. When I feel tired and less motivated in future, remembering this incident would probably make me move forward regardless of the mounting tiredness that I feel. I did not really understand the full weight of this paper til meeting my performance manager the other day. How my one paper results would also determine the course of my future and I just pray for the best outcome possible. I have learned the consequences of my actions. I will learn my lesson.

Thank you December for being kind to me, for the meaningful lessons taught and serendipity of events that took place. :)

Merry Christmas guys!

No comments: