Friday, May 18, 2012

Why am I here?

Another week just passed by. It was Okay.:) For most subjects, lessons have kickstarted. PA subject seriously requires lots of brainy thinkingg. I had difficulty finding the precise BM words to use too. Omgee. *Knocks rusty brain* Anyway, lessons suppose to start in June according to the government so actual MUET lessons have not really begun whereby it'll be conducted using academic english. Instead, we have lessons based on conversational english at the moment and lessons have been quite interesting so far! Hehe.:) Academic english is inclined towards those 'Times' business magazine sorta english- Highly factual, no fancy proses and boringgg (the teacher said it herself), while conversational english is well, how we have been conversing and writing essays all these years. Oh, the teacher's name is Miss Mindy btw.:)

Miss Mindy shared English related jokes and randomly called a few names to let us introduce ourselves in class ( And bad luck, I had a feeling I will be called out and dayum, indeed I WAS.:S) Its quite suprising also that there are students who hates English terribly. One even said it in the teacher's face out loud.Hoho. We were also given the essay titled 'Why are we here in form 6? What are our aspirations?' for our classwork yesterday. It's a personal sorta essay but I was blank in school so brought it back home to write. It really got me thinking, why am I here?

Today, the teacher randomly called a few names to talk in front of the class to tell something about themselves and why they are here in form 6. From those few people who were called out, I realised everyone actually has a distinct 'story-of-my-life' and among them, there was one that was pretty similar to mine. I don't know why but this session was quite meaningful to me because as the teacher said, sessions like this allows us to know a person especially whom we don't know at all, better, and before this, we might have had first impressions of people without actually knowing them but after they share their personal stories, we might have a different impression. I concur with what she has said. I really enjoyed this session because I know my name won't be called a second time so soon, since yesterday I was called out dee.Hahaha. So no worries for me unlike Ngai Ching who was was hoping not to be called out.HAHA. She sits beside me in class btw.

For next week, we're given a task to review an article/picture of our choice from the newspapers. After the holidays, we have another assignment. We get to choose our favourite English song that we all really like as a group consisting of 4-5 people. Then,we're suppose to bring the different songs to school and listen to it as a class together. Later on, in our respective groups, we'll have to give reasons as to why we chose the song, explain the lyrics of the song in our own perspective and also share our thoughts on what values or story that we learnt from that one song. Also, we'll have to omit 10 words from the song for I forgot what reason.huhu. Sounds quite nicee eh? Hope so it'll be. =)

Heading down to KL for the weekends. Whops, American Idol's starting! YAYS! Bye bye blogspot. Will keep it updated.:D

No comments: