Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cleaning Frenzy

I spring cleaned my room yesterday. Unintentionally, that is.

               I found my mom shifting an unused mattress into my room and kacau-ing some other things which remained untouched in my room for a long long time ady. Those soft toys and plushie all that. Then I started complaining la bout the dust flying around everywhere in the room. If I were my mom, I can imagine myself naik marah dee. Haha. But she being my mum of course looked for a broom and came back into my room wif one. When I saw her holding the broom, I somehow invoulunteerily reach out for it and told her "I sweep laa". (Maybe feeling a sense of guilt for complaining) Huhuhu.

               Minutes later, I was busy sweeping my room. I discovered that worrrh, there were lots of dust everywhere (especially under my bed! Eeks). Not that dust can be counted but it was a lot for just a room. Specks and specks of dust clumped together into like some cloud of dust. Omoo. I gathered the dust wif a dustpan and placed them in the waste paper basket la. I cleared up some unnecesarry stuffs in my room and it went straight into the waste paper basket too. *Ploop!!*. After finish sweeping, I casually look around if there's anymore cleaning to do and discovered MORE DUST. Dust everywhere! Ulwekks. Dust not on the floor but just lying around on things. The sight of dust, dust and more dust just made me compelled to start wiping everything with a wet cloth. *the spring cleaning mode ON*…

               I came in and out of the room toilet dunno how many times to use the sink. Hope it won’t suddenly clog in a few days time wif da dust trappings. Huhu. I went on to clean the bed frame, the furniture edges, glass windows, what not. While I was rinsing the cloth at the sink (after dunno what number of time), I was thinking in my head like,
“Luckily I didn’t sleep wif air-cond on” (otherwise I would have breathe in a lot of dust)
“I’m thankful that I used a stand fan instead”, feeling kinda grateful…

               After rinsing the cloth, I walked out of the bathroom to find more spots to clean. Walked straight towards my fan, *shocked*…There’s more dust here than I’ve cleaned so far. At that time, I felt not so thankful anymore. T.T
               I spent lots of time cleaning the fan frantically after which, I started wiping my printer and even proceed to wiping the room walls. Ahaha. Crazy I noe. After cleaning that dusty fan, my impression of more dust was to clean, wipe, clean. Driven by this ‘Clean this up!!! Not even a single dust must be left!’ mode. Haha. I can’t imagine how I slept with layers of dust just a few centimeters below my pillow and right above my head. There’s this world map above my head and it was blanketed with layers of filthy dust. Eerhs. Anyways, ultimately, I sleep everyday in a world of thick dust, I breathe in large amounts of them too (with da fan blowing directly). :/ I sorted out lots of papers and textbooks also. Bout this books n papers, still haven’t decided what to do wif them erh. I had two more piles of books to sort out wen but my mom tidied it up for me a bit so only for that small bit, everything else is cleaned in the end. Spring cleaning mission complete! :) Thankiuu to my mom, she helped me to tidy that last leftover bit. AND that dongu dust everywhere, thanks to those, I had the outburst of spring cleaning mode.
                This morning, I woke up wif a nose block. :S Must be yesterday's dust while cleaning. But this time, I think I can be thankful dee since I cleaned my whole room already. Not like before. Hmf hmfs. Now I feel better. Sleeping in a room wif less dust.

A room wif less dust. =)

No comments: