Monday, July 24, 2017

Little snippets of my life. Or is it?

It was after that day and today that I felt strongly what I want.

So please "give me a chance, give me chance", I pray.

Its Monday and I wore blue to work. Definitely felt a little blue all the way to office yet it turned out to be a pretty good day!

Had a farewell for my two colleagues at The Jungle City last Friday night. Lunch was treated by the managers that afternoon so we went for a 2nd round dinner for the night. That was when I knew there was Monopoly in cards version now dee. Wow, I have been so outdated on board games. I didn't understand how it works so I sat there, contributed my game "knowledge" abit here and there laa. and watched my colleagues play. Definitely exhausted on Friday as we reached home around 1am, followed by a 9.30am to 5.30pm p2 class on Saturday for me. I was super alert the first 2 hours. Subsequently, my head was just drooping and I went into "fishing" mode. Hahaha. I felt sleepy due to the day before and week at work.

I am also grateful at work thus far due to the friendly colleagues and mostly because, I can very much be myself here alike to what my usual self is outside the office. If I were to compare my present firm with my internship firm, the apparent difference is that there's less of a corporate image to keep up with at Pwtc area (which is to me, a very good thing). Hahaha. I felt this much when I was handling my client's audit at the same building with my internship firm at Klcc area. It was evident, the differences which I could realize. Even the air is different. Haha

Today, I started the conversation first and my deskmate was different. Something I could feel deep down that was different today, we could talk casually like friends do and did not give out the temperamental cold shoulder to each other that we have had occasionally. He also calls me by my "twin's" name, apparently I have a "twin" now at the firm. Zzz. Haha. I don't know what will happen tomorrow or the remaining days to come. However, I know that should I ever leave, I would always apologize to him for the first day because I was being unnecessarily cold and quiet to him that day. My awkwardness has caused me to act that way which I honestly felt apologetic later on. Strangely, I was friendly to everyone else except him. After that day, I promised to be a better colleague. But then, he carried on to treat me that way on certain occasions afterwards for some reasons (of which some I could guess and some, which I truly did not understand). I was okay with him not being ok with me if I did something that upset him but not okay when he did so simply based on someone else's reactions and I could tell intuitively, his baseless assumptions. But after today, I felt slightly better about this whole differences we are having. I really wish to clear these differences once and for all and 'Can't we be like normal deskmates?', is what I'm quietly asking for.

Can't wait to go Genting this weekend and no Saturday classes to attend. Phreee!!

Time to bath and head to bed. :))

No comments: